Who we are
Based in Vienna, Austria, Central European University brings together students and faculty from some 100 countries to exchange ideas in an open and dynamic community in the heart of Europe. Focusing on the key issues of the 21st century, our world-class master's and doctoral programs cross borders and disciplines to develop the next generation of thinkers, doers and creators.
What we offer
- Academic excellence: world-ranked master's and doctoral programs in the humanities and social sciences
- A learning community: close supervision and faculty contact with world-class researchers
- A university accredited in the U.S. and Austria
- A community committed to academic freedom and open debate
* Application deadline differs from the above for: early-bird MS in Finance, MS in Business Analytics, LLM in Global Business Law and Regulation; self-financing Mundus MAPP.
- February 1, 2023 – for master's and PhD studies with CEU financial aid
- March 15, 2023 – for self-financing master's candidates who are citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA area and require a study visa
- August 15, 2023 – for self-financing master's candidates who are citizens of EU/EEA countries (or who hold a valid permanent residency permit in an EU/EEA country)