Who we are
Founded by Ernest Gellner, this is one of the few programs in the world solely dedicated to the study of nationalism, including migration, ethnic conflict, prejudice, self-determination, populism, minority protection and language and citizenship rights. By fostering critical and cross-discipline approaches, our international faculty bring together a wide spectrum of expertise, such as political science, history, sociology, international relations, anthropology, social theory and legal studies.
What you will study
Join us in Vienna and study with a scholarship
- The global challenge of migration
- Populism and right-wing politics
- The sociology and social psychology of ethnic prejudice
- Transnational citizenship and diasporas
- Nationalist politics and democracy
- Religious nationalism
- International minority protection
- Jews and Roma in comparative perspective
- Nationalism in Southeastern Europe
Apply now and be among the first to study at our new campus in Vienna! We offer generous scholarships available to students from any country.
Apply by January 30, 2020
– for master's and PhD studies with financial aid